While we're collating photos from last Thursday's event, we thought we'd upload the programme for Cinema Corporel, with images from all the artists involved... enjoy!
Act One / 19:45-20:15
1. The world at your feet / Chris Paul Daniels / 2009 / super 8mm film / 3:22
2. Punch / Kerry Baldry / 1993 / 16mm on digital video / 1:14
Punch has been widely screened both nationally and internationally including The Rotterdam Film Festival, Directors Lounge, Berlin, 4th Hull International Film Festival, LUX Open at the Royal College of Art, and daily on the Big Screen Liverpool as part of the 37 Seconds Artist Film & Video.
3. Dansette / Mark Pickles / 2010 / 16mm film & record player / 3:30
………each scratch on a record adds as it takes away.
4. Can you feel how volatile life is? / Violaine Bergoin & Emi Ueno / sound by Harry Wheeler / 2011 / video & live performance / 13:00
Act Two / 20:30-21:00
5. I (still) know what you did last summer / Chris Paul Daniels / 2010 / 16mm film on digital video / 2:58 * Film contains some strobing sequences
6. ....here.... this time…a terrible beauty.... / Maria Anastassiou / 2010 / scratched 16mm film / 1:00
In light of the Eyjafjallajökull volcanic activity in the spring of 2010, I was attracted to the effect the images from Iceland had, the hungry consumption of nature’s spectacle and how and if a relic from a different media age could become relevant and used in a reflexive way to observe current trends in the consumption of images.
7. Take 1 Hand / Mark Pickles / 2006 / super 8mm film / 2:00
8. Carbon Dating Angels / Robin Kiteley & Samuel Stocks / 2009 / digital video / 11:35 * Film contains some strobing sequences
9. Screen Kiss / Joanna Byrne & Andrew Staveley / 2011 / 16mm projector performance, live optical sound & tape soundtrack / 10:00
Accompanied by a live, hand-manipulated soundtrack by Andrew Staveley (The Brass Archivist).
Act Three / 21:15-22.15
10. Cleanse, Tone, Moisturise [Conceal] / Joanna Byrne / 2008 / 16mm projector performance & sound collage / 9:15
11. Reflections on the Brave New World / Chris Hall & Ian Harker / 2008 / live multiple projection performance: 16mm found footage, hand manipulated super 8mm film, collaged sound & live intervention / 10:00
"If you can get people to consent to the state of affairs in which they're living...the state of servitude the state of being, having their differences ironed out, and being made amenable to mass production methods on the social level, if you can do this, then you have, you are likely, to have a much more stable and lasting society. Much more easily controllable society than you would if you were relying wholly on clubs and firing squads and concentration camps.”
12. Unravel Film / YOU / 2011 / 16mm film & optical sound / length unknown
/ with magnetic tape loop soundtrack by Kieron Piercy
Unravel collaborative film created during this event. The film will be accompanied by a cut-up and looped magnetic tape soundtrack recorded throughout the evening by Leeds-based sound artist Kieron Piercy.
Unravel is an epic touring project which aims to create the longest hand-painted film in Britain; correlating in length (at a ratio of one frame per metre) to the distance between John O’Groats and Lands End.